First off, I want to thank you for reading my blog! It means the world to me!
I’d write my blog if no one read it; however, getting the emails and comments I get and being nominated as a Top 10 GEN Y blog just makes it that much more rewarding!
2008 was an amazing year for me. I became even more convinced (if that’s possible) that MyBodyTutor has the ability to become a real organization and I invested heavily to make this a reality (you’ll see this reality very soon!).
My clients inspire me every single day and there’s not a day that goes by that I’m not grateful for the privilege they’ve given me of being able to do what I love doing. I’ve met some fascinating and amazing people in 2008 and I can’t wait for 2009!
For 2009, I have some really interesting and though provoking posts (I think) planned. I’m really excited to write these posts and I think you’ll really enjoy them!
I thought it would be fun to have a post with my top 25 posts (in no particular order) of the year based on emails and comments. Of course, my favorite posts of 2008 are about my clients and how amazing they are.
But this list is comprised of your favorite posts! So here we go:
1. Shooting a gun is a lot like launching a business. This sort of hit me when I was blasting away at clay in the Dominican Republic.
2. The problem with most commissioned sales people. Unfortunately, I think most commissioned sales people could care less about anything but their commission.
3. The only business where it’s accepted and encouraged to brag about how much money you make. This hit me as I was working on my biz late at night and I realized every other word out of most rappers is about money and how much they make.
4. Is it that hard to wear gloves? Ugh! This still kills me. My local deli guy couldn’t wear gloves when he was making my sandwich!
5. Crawl before you walk. I get so many emails from people asking me for advice about an idea that needs at least $50k. Test first! This actually became an article in a magazine I write for.
6. How can you snakes on a plane your business? When people are used to something and they keep coming back, don’t change anything…or don’t take away anything. Add!
7. Would you buy a brand new car or a brand new website? If you really and truly believe in what you’re doing the choice is simple.
8. The number one quality we should look for in a president! I think this applies to any important position actually.
9. Will you be missed? I want to have an impact on people! There’s nothing more rewarding than helping people realize their goals and dreams! I can’t think of single better way to judge if you’re having an impact on people than this question.
Life: Business is fun to write about but I love writing about other topics that interest me as well. Just like you must have a holistic and well balanced approach when going after your health and fitness goals, life isn’t just about business or fitness.
10. How can you be a DJ in your life? This is one of my favorite posts.
11.How far will you go to make yourself happy? That is the question!
12. Why people become alcoholics? Big difference between wanting to (and having to!) get drunk on the weekends.
13. The pursuit of happiness is flawed! I examined if pursuing happiness is like being on a never ending hamster wheel to get that next ‘thing’ or for that ‘event’ to happen. Why not be happy now?
14. The two greatest days of my life so far. Once you realize the ‘why’ in your life, you’ll know exactly how I feel!
15. How to tell what someone really cares about! Ever wonder? This is your answer!
16. Why is caring so difficult? The only way to succeed is by caring. If you don’t care…stop what you’re doing!
17. Why you should never hit the snooze button again according to Tiger Woods. This was an extremely popular post and I still get emails about it!
18. What is your definition of success? This took me a long time to realize. Success has nothing to do with money and everything to do with happiness. Unfortunately, I know a lot of wealthy people who are unhappy!
19. Lessons from the happiest 81 year old waitress I’ve ever met! This is special to me for so many different reasons. Again though, what’s the point of everything if you aren’t happy?
20. How to feel like a rock star! Taken straight from my Daily Inspirations – I explore how you can feel incredible!
Relationships: Relationships and dating is fascinating to me. Who you date and who you want to date and who you actually date says a lot about you.
21. Does getting married serve any purpose these days? By far the most controversial post I’ve ever written. Of course, I believe there is a purpose for marriage. It was just some food for thought!
22. Is there really such a thing as soul mates? I used to think so. I don’t know anymore.
23. The definition of a poodle…find out if you’re one! This is something that needed to be said.
24. Why our parents are getting divorced and why you might too! I believe this wholeheartedly! If you’re not truly happy alone, no one will ever be able to make you happy!
Kids: I’m going to be an Uncle and I can’t wait! I can’t wait to see life through his eyes.
25. My first letter to my future nephew or niece. We now know it’s going to be a boy. I made my entire family cry (not at all purposely) from this and I got some really touching emails from you!
Have a happy, healthy and fit New Year and I’ll see you in 2009 ready to go!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to the RSS Feed!